Large law firms and corporate legal departments often turn to LPO (legal process outsourcing) support services to handle legal work in a cost-effective, efficient manner. LPO providers’ service offerings vary, but often include one or more of the following:
- E-Discovery / Managed Review
- NDA Editing and Negotiation
- Foreign Language Document Review
- Litigation and Internal Investigation Support
- Contract Analysis and Abstraction
- Due Diligence / Real Estate Due Diligence
- Lease Abstraction
- Title/Survey Review
- Mortgage Regulatory Compliance
- Privilege Review and Privilege Log Drafting
Some LPO providers specialize in specific areas of law, such as managed document review, while others provide general support across many practice areas.
Outsourcing work to an LPO has become more prevalent in the legal industry for many reasons:
- Utilizing an LPO’s services allows firms and corporate legal department to better manage expenses and achieve cost-effective solutions to legal needs.
- LPO providers give firms and legal departments the ability to scale when needed – meeting case demands and timelines without having to expand the law firm or corporate legal department. Rather than adding to ongoing expenses by hiring additional attorneys, paralegals, or legal assistants, work can be outsourced to an expert provider.
- LPO services also give firms and legal departments access to legal professionals who have experience handling many different types of transactions and cases, and confidence that those tasks will be completed efficiently.
Some law firms and corporate legal departments hire LPO providers for single engagements, to assist with a specific task, such as due diligence for a corporate real estate transaction, or managed review for a litigation or internal investigation. Others engage with LPO firms for varied and ongoing services for the law firm or corporate legal department as a valued business partner, offering support services that span a wide range of legal offerings. Regardless of how an LPO provider’s services are used, the firm or legal department should expect to receive dedicated legal support that is both efficient and cost-effective.
Baer Reed is a leading, woman-owned LPO, servicing AMLAW A-List and Fortune 100 clients around the world. To explore whether LPO (legal process outsourcing) services are right for your organization and to learn how we can help, contact us today.
- On March 25, 2019
- Back to post list